Plan your trips in the area
You are in the heart of the Giant Mountains and it would be a shame not to discover the stunning nature. Not to mention that the air here is the cleanest in the entire country.
Hiking trips are the most fascinating - we will lend you a picnic basket (full, of course) or you can order a backpack with refreshments.
To Sněžka and back
You can either take the direct trail via Giant Mine (7 km) or walk twice as far via Výrovka and Luční bouda hut.
Giant Mine and Blue Mine
Giant Mine is a majestic mountain valley right beneath Sněžka. And the magical Blue Mine is a quiet location beneath the Luční Mountain massif.
Walks around Pec
An easy trail full of stunning views from forest paths: just follows the signs saying “Okolo Pece”. An ideal walk with the kids.
Tips around Pec
- New lookout tower in Hnědý vrch (5 km)
- Unique ice hotel in Vlčí jáma (3 km)
- Černohorské peat bog - largest in the Giant Mountains (5 km)
- Historic Kovárna Mine in Giant Mine (4 km)
- Krakonoš’s Confessional: hiking trail for children
- Walk along the creek to the Green Mine (2 km)
- Field of Senses for children in Velká Úpa (3 km)
Tips outside of Pec
- Treetop Walkway in Janské Lázně (16 km)
- Stachelberg artillery fortress from 1938 (24 km)
- Miniature Park in Kowary, Poland (31 km)
- Famous African Zoo in Dvůr Králové (43 km)
- Recently reconstructed baroque Kuks Hospital
- Wild sandstone cliffs near Adršpach (45 km)
- Fairy-tale reservoir at Forest Kingdom (45 km)
- Grandmother’s Valley and Ratibořice Chateau
Other tips for experiences
At the hotel, you can play ninepins, squash, ricochet or table tennis. 200 metres away is a jungle gym and big mountain bobsled track.
Sněžka and lifts
There is plenty of space in the Giant Mountains, but only one is this close to Snežka. A cable car leads directly from Pec to the highest mountain of the Czech Republic.
What if it rains?
No problem: enjoy free access to the hotel pool, gym or sauna. Or book a massage.